"Basics" Freight Broker Training Online Course Plus Focus On Sales
Self-Paced Online Freight Broker Course for Freight Brokers, Freight Agents, Dispatchers and Carriers
Freight Movers School offers a home study course that truly draws on multiple methods of learning. Our "Basics" Freight Broker Training Online course covers the "basics" of becoming a freight broker and performing the day-to-day duties of a broker. Our online course provides a very convenient and self-paced option to our students. In order to present this class, we utilize recorded video webinar technology.
Freight Broker Training Materials to Help You Learn
The "Basics" Online Course covers the same lecture topics that are taught in- classroom in our In-Depth Freight Broker Training Plus Focus On Sales course. Students of the "Basics" Online course also receive the same textbook/workbook materials, packaged by way of Adobe PDF, that our In-Depth Freight Broker Training students receive. Graduates of this online course do receive a Certificate of Completion, packaged in Adobe PDF and emailed upon your request after completing the course. A few benefits of our "Basics" Online Freight Broker Training course are:
- Over 19 Clock Hours of Recorded Lecture
- Freight Broker Plus Focus On Sales Curriculum
- Self-Paced, At Home Training
- Guaranteed Agent Placement
- Unlimited Email Support for Graduates
- FREE GRADUATE BONUS - Our Downloadable Guides Combo Package ($95 Value)
- FREE GRADUATE BONUS - Our Downloadable Freight Broker Forms & Contracts in Edit Format ($25 Value)
With the recorded webinar video sessions, from your own computer, you will be able to hear the instructor’s recorded lectures and see the instructor’s corresponding presentations. Using Adobe Flash, you will be able to both watch and hear your instructor perform activities such as: finding shippers, calculating rates, using load boards, and qualifying trucks.
Unit 1 – Consists of Intro Session and Sessions 1 through 8
- Starting Your Business
- Legal Filings
- Finding Shippers
Unit 2 – Consists of Sessions 9 through 15
- Contacting Shippers
- Your Shipper Packet
- Cash Flow
- Qualifying Shippers
Unit 3 – Consists of Sessions 16 through 21
- Calculating Rates
- Negotiating with Shippers
- Finding Trucks
- Qualifying Trucks
Unit 4 – Consists of Sessions 22 through 26
- Contacting Trucks
- Negotiating with Trucks
- Carrier Packet
- Tracking Loads
- Billing & Payment
Focus On Sales - 11 additional Sessions
- Know who your prospects are and where to find them
- Develop your own “60 Second Hook”
- What will be in your “18 Touches”
- How to give your prospect a temperature check
- Use the tools available for finding prospects and your plans for using these tools
- Say the right things to “Call to Action” your prospects
- Develop your “Sales Success Road Map”
Course Access & Materials
Start Your Freight Broker Training within Hours
All course instructions and links to materials and video sessions are sent via email after you register for the class. Within 24 business hours of your completed registration, an admissions counselor will email a "Welcome" email to you with information and instructions for accessing and taking your course.
Because info, instructions, and access are sent by email, when you register for the course, be sure that you supply us with a good email address when you register for the course. Your email address should be one that you have access to and check regularly. If it's been 24 business hours since you registered for our online course and you haven't received our emails, please check you SPAM or Junk folders. Once you receive our emails be sure to read through our entire "Welcome" email prior to attempting to access your course.
Unlimited Access for 60 Days
Once you have access to your course you can view the video sessions at your own pace and replay to review them whenever you’d like while your course is active. You will have unlimited access to your course for a period of 60 days from the day that you receive access to your course. During those 60 days you can progress through the videos sessions at your own pace.
If you complete all video sessions prior to the end of the 60 days, you may continue to access the sessions and review them over again. However, after 60 days your login to the video sessions will be deactivated.
Training Materials and Video Sessions
The textbook/workbook will be packaged in PDF and can be saved to your computer once you have downloaded them. Once the textbook materials are saved to your computer they are yours to use and keep.
The video sessions are played in Adobe Flash video format. There are a total of 38 video sessions included in this course. Most of the video sessions run for about 30 minutes each, but a few run as long as 1 hour. We have organized these sessions into 4 different units plus our Focus On Sales curriculum (totaling to over 19 hours of instructor lecture time).
Tuition Costs & Registration
Tuition Cost of "Basics" Online Course: $1,100.00
Registration: Call to register with an admissions counselor or register online through our website by following the Register Now links. You may register online at any time. However, your course materials and sessions access are sent to you via email by an admissions counselor and will only be sent during our regular business hours. Generally, we will email all course access instructions within 24 business hours of your registration.
Payment: Total tuition cost must be paid in full prior to course access being granted. If registering online, our secure payment processor takes all major credit cards. If registering by phone with an admissions counselor, we take all major credit cards or if you’d like to mail in payment you can do so with a cashier’s check or money order (no personal checks or business checks will be accepted).
Technology Requirements for All Online Courses
- Access to Computer or Tablet
- Reliable High Speed Internet - Cable/DSL or Better - The videos will buffer if your internet speed is not fast enough.
- Email Address that you check regularly
- Operating Systems (any of these):
- Windows Vista and higher
- Mac Leopard 10.5 and higher
- Browsers (any of these):
- Firefox 25 and higher
- Internet Explorer 9 and higher
- Safari 7+ and higher
- Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash – Latest version is REQUIRED and MUST be installed and enabled on your computer in order for the video sessions to properly function – most computers/internet browsers already have this installed, if yours does not, go to Adobe Flash to download it for FREE. To check if your computer already has Adobe Flash and to check if the latest version is being used, go to Adobe Flash Player Help.
- Adobe PDF Reader – most computers already have this installed, if yours does not, go to Adobe Reader to download it for FREE.
- Computer must have speakers to hear the recorded sessions.